Saturday 18 February 2012

New project. Mercedes 190 cosworth track car. This started as a simple restoration but is now going to be a rolling test bed for some new products I am designing. I have sorted a rear control arm kit that replaces all the rubber jointed links with adjustable rod end links. For the engine, I went down the road of recreating a guillotine throttle system but went the roller barrel throttle body route instead. The first revision designs for this are nearing completion.

I am also going to be analysing suspension performance enhancements. I have driven the car for many years on the standard setup. I have a set of bilstein shocks/struts to go on and then I want to develop some coilovers and chassis modifications with the aid of the knowledge I have gained from my current workplace. As a company we have been involved in the preparation of cars for rally and tarmac motorsport events, including winning WRC cars.




Here's a pic of the Mercedes after unbolting everything:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home